Below are guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting the Interactive Kiosk, the Apple iPad®, and any accessories and peripherals that may be attached.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Alcohol-based cleaning wipes or sprays containing 70-90% concentration
- Soft, lint-free cloth or microfiber towel. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items
- Start with the iPad screen and continue to wipe clean the other surfaces of the Interactive Kiosk that might be handled by customers and associates, including the faceplate, kiosk enclosure and the access keys that came with your Interactive Kiosk
- If using a spray solution, spray the cleaner onto a soft cloth (such as microfiber), not directly onto the display or kiosk
- Don’t get moisture into any openings
- Don’t use aerosol sprays, bleaches, or abrasives
- Don’t spray cleaners directly onto the item
Note: although the CDC recommends bleach solutions for some hard surfaces, Aila does not currently suggest using bleach on your Interactive Kiosk, nor does Apple recommend it for use on iPad displays.
Cleaning & disinfecting peripheral devices
Devices like payment/mPOS attachments, printers, and card readers should be cleaned according to manufacturer guidelines.
General cleaning guidelines
The CDC offers the following guidance on cleaning hard surfaces:
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning.
- If reusable gloves are used, those gloves should be dedicated to cleaning and disinfection of surfaces for COVID-19 and should not be used for other purposes.
- Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
At Aila, we’re committed to helping our customers that are essential businesses continue to operate in a manner that can help reduce the transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Contact customer support if you have any questions or would like additional resources.
You may also like...
Choosing the right iPad POS stand for your stores
iPad POS stands are a great alternative to bulky, antiquated point of sale systems. With more versatility in terms of apps and integrations, as well as compatibility with leading printers and payment terminals, iPad POS…
Self-Service Kiosk Best Practices: Placement and Visibility
Updated May 11, 2021 Interactive kiosks provide safe, convenient, and high ROI way to engage customers in key areas of your brick-and-mortar location. Now ubiquitous across retail, grocery, and hospitality, self-service kiosks are used for…